Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexyap
Regular Visitor

Aster Plot

IMG_21112017_170129_0.png

I'm trying to achieve the same kind of visualisation (Extracted from Bloomberg) as shown above. In each sector (i.e Finance, Energy, Utilities) segment, they are further divided into smaller segment within the sector segment.

May I know if Aster plot is able to achieve the mentioned or are there any pie-like chart for recommendation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @alexyap,

As far as I know that is not possible with the Aster plot visual (but maybe someone knows a workaround or a way ?!) Anyway perhaps this visual is something that you can use ? 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380767?tab=Overview

I have no experience with that visual but I read that it is meant for hierarchical data, and it looks like it might be usefull to your case.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @alexyap,

A visualisation I personally use alot is the drill down donut chart, in the begin you would see the different sectors and their percentages. And when you would for example click on financials, the chart drills down to the next level.

Here I have a screenshot of an example(note this one is boring since there isnt much data in the set): 

Begin viewBegin viewDrilldown view of "kleding"Drilldown view of "kleding"

I am not sure if this is 100% what you are looking for but I think you can use this for your needs.

The visual is a custom visual downloaded from here:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380858?tab=Overview

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. I'm aware about the Drill Down Donut chart. However, I'm looking for something like what I've attached; not having to click to drill down. You can see at one glance within the whole pie of the main category and sub-category.

By any chance do you know if the Aster plot able to achieve that? Because I tried and doesn't seem to work so I'm not sure if I'm doing the right way or is the limitation of the plot.

Regards,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @alexyap,

As far as I know that is not possible with the Aster plot visual (but maybe someone knows a workaround or a way ?!) Anyway perhaps this visual is something that you can use ? 

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380767?tab=Overview

I have no experience with that visual but I read that it is meant for hierarchical data, and it looks like it might be usefull to your case.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Hi @Anonymous,

Noted. Thank u!

Will explore on your suggestion.

Regards,

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.