Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Associate two different lines with each other

Hey,

I have a database that keeps track of chat sessions that looks something like this:

idsession_idoperation_idresult_categoryresult_valuetimestamp
1b3612c2f-5a3d-4c81-a7ae-fafef5b27fb1BOT_STARTnullnull2019-12-01 00:17:40
2b3612c2f-5a3d-4c81-a7ae-fafef5b27fb1READING_REGISTER262019-12-01 00:17:53
3b3612c2f-5a3d-4c81-a7ae-fafef5b27fb1GOODBYEnullnull2019-12-01 00:18:02
4b3612c2f-5a3d-4c81-a7ae-fafef5b27fb1RATING142019-12-01 00:18:05

The "result_category" tells me what kind of result to expect (success/insuccess, integers, accept/don't accept, etc.) and "result_value" tells me what the actual result is (so category 2, result 6 means it's a success; category 1, result 4 means that the rating was 4 stars out of 5; etc.).

The "session_id" is a random value assigned to each session (the same user might have different sessions with different ids).

The problem is, I want to associate the "rating" operation to other operations such as "reading_register" so that I know that users, on average, rate operation X with Y stars. There are other operations such as "bot_start" or "goodbye" that I want to ignore because the user's rating isn't about those. How do I do this? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try to convert your table fields with 'group' and 'transpose' functions(power query) to convert specific rows to table columns. Then you can simply summarize rating column values with specific conditions.

If you can't convert your table structure, you can write a measure formula to calculate with variables steps.

Steps:

1. Filter on the table to check 'operation_id' equal to 'READING_REGISTER' and result category and value suitable for your requirement and extract session_id list.
2. Use extracted session_id list to filter table records and choose 'operation_id' equal to 'RATING', then do aggregate on result value of filtered records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you explain output with example

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Ideally, I'd like to have a table in Power BI something like this:

operation_idaverage_rating
READING_REGISTER4.2
DOWNLOAD_PDF3.5
PAYMENT_DATA3.3

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.