Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panoslaz
Helper I
Helper I

Assigning different colours to treemap items

Hi

I have an issue with treemap visual but could be expanded in other visuals as well. 

In my normal dataset I have a list of brands in rows (A, B ,C..) and a list of values in columns (value share, volume share etc).

Instead of building a tree map which will show which brand has the biggest value, I want to do the opposite. 

I want for 1 specific brand (A), to show all the contributing factors to each growth or decline, with a treemap (client insists on this). 

Some values are negative so apparently cannot be represented in the treemap, as we cant have negative area. 

I make them absolute values in my dataset (excel), along with a marking depending on what kind of value was initially ("positive" or "negative"). 

What I simply need to do is once I get the treemap, to automatically assign colours depending on the aforementioned marking (red for negatives and green for positives). 

Do you think that's possible?

Or I need to do it for each brand mannually? 

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @panoslaz,

As of now, this requirement is not yet supported.

Here are two similar ideas that you could click to vote.

Data Colors in Treemap

show negative values on side for Treemaps & Pie Charts

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

That would be nice in so many different places. Being able to use a measure to set the color of a section of a visualization. But it's not possible (yet!).

Check in the ideas forum to see if someone has already suggested it and vote for it. The more votes the more likely we are to see it happen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.