Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Assigning Measure to an URL

Hello

I'm attempting to create dynamic report navigation (to a PBI service URL).  Based on the results of a Switch statement - would like to navigate to appropropriate report/page.

As I select within the matrix - this measure is returning the correct URL (have a card showing the measure result)

EnabledDrillThru Report = 
Var SelectedDivision = selectedvalue(Divisions[Division],"yy")
Var SelectedDrillDownProdYr = SELECTEDVALUE(TADConsolidated[DrillDown ProdYr Report],"xx")
Var SwitchReport = SWITCH(true,
and(SelectedDivision="Products",SelectedDrillDownProdYr="xx"),[Products CropSummary URL],
and(SelectedDivision="Products",SelectedDrillDownProdYr<>"xx"),[Products MultiCropYr URL]
)
Return
SwitchReport

However, I have noticed the Data Category drop down options exclude the "web url" option

Both of the URL measures used inside this dynamic measure works as expected.   Also - within the shape navigation measure selection - unable to select.

I think the first step is to get this to allow web url classification.

I am also going thru the "Data model' access - using the chaining concept allowed back in December.

Is there a solution to allow this measure to be classified as Web URL?

thanks

URL Navigation.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dellis81 , I can see data type as decimal, This should be text in the case of url. Change that to text and try 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dellis81 , I can see data type as decimal, This should be text in the case of url. Change that to text and try 

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Bingo - thank you for quick response!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.