Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nouha
Frequent Visitor

Assign url to text on a column

Hello everyone, 

i'm working on a report where i have data about playlists; and in this data set , there is a column with links to the playlists like this

links.PNG

I would love it if someone can tell me how to make the user's experience better by not displaying the whole link but rather just a text that says "link" and when you click it, it takes you to the playlist 

Best, 

Nouha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

If you put this into a table, there is an option under the formatting pane called Values. In here turn on the URL icon switch.

You will not be able to enter your own text but it is a far neater option than having the whole URL.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

If you put this into a table, there is an option under the formatting pane called Values. In here turn on the URL icon switch.

You will not be able to enter your own text but it is a far neater option than having the whole URL.

@jcarville

How can i assign my own text value?Is there any way.

Thanks

@jatneerjatI'm not sure how to do it for a column, but I know with a text box you can set your own value for a URL.

Thank you, 

i was hoping to put the link in a card ; i didn't want to display the table ; but if there is no other way your solution is as close as it gets 

Nouha 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors