Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mfminor
Helper I
Helper I

Assign Color Formatting Report or Page wide

I have a couple of tables in my report that contain the exact same data except for one is the current reporting period and the other is the previous reporting period. They are used to track certain models and how many were processed in the given time period. What I want to do is be able to assign a color to a specific model and have it relate to both charts on the page (if not through the entire report). Right now I have to go in and assign a color to it in one chart and then again in the other. I am dealing with a lot of different models and this becomes quite time consuming very quickly. Does anyone know how to do this? I am pretty new to Power BI and I have not figured it out yet if this ability exists. If not, I suppose I will create another post in the appropriate location suggesting this. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mfminor,

It is not possible to do it currently. Please vote the idea here.Smiley Happy

Regards

osoosh
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @mfminor My best approach would be assigning the first graph(say bar chart) with data colors by each model (say saturday = red ,monday=blue, and so on). Then if you want to have a pie chart with a different measure involving the day model , simply copy and paste the first bar chart and change it to a pie chart. Therefore days from bar chart will have the same color for pie chart. Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.