Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phoenix_Bird
Frequent Visitor

Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int' - left join on 2 SQL tables

I've getting this ' Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int' error when I try to do a left join of 2 SQL tables.

I can pull both tables in individually with no issue using a SQL statement but when I try to do a left join I get this error. 

As far as I can tell, the data type of the fields I'm using to create the join is the same (whole number). 

Any ideas if I can get around this issue in my SQL statement?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phoenix_Bird 

May be there are something wrong with your data. Could you take a test on simple data with the same left join SQL statement and same data type?  Then judge where the problem is by the result. Or could you add more details? so that we can work on it further.

If you are in a hurry to use data after left join and currently cant solve this problem, you can use the function Merge Queries in Power Query Editor to process data as an alternative after pulling both tables in individually.

v-xiaotang_1-1622530383751.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Probably - hard to tell without sample code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.