Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jteccampbell
Frequent Visitor

Arithmetic across tables

I have a workbook with seven worksheets; each worksheet represents the same information just pulled from a different source. Worksheet one (the goal) and is what I want to compair all the other worksheets (what actually happening) to.

I can make a table that brings in the data from the different worksheets but I can not make any visulaizations. Also, I can not make any realtionships in POWERBI.

I have tried converting the workbook from Excel to Access and creating the relationships in Access.

result: POWERBI will not import the data

I made a sample workbook of similar data to share here but I don't see an attachment link.

Can someone help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jteccampbell wrote:

Unfortunately, no, I am blocked from uploading to OneDrive on my work network.  

I get the following errors:

Trying to creat relationships in BI:

You can't create a relationship between these two columns becasue one of the columns must have unique values.

@jteccampbell,

Please follow the guide in this similar thread to create relationship between your tables.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jteccampbell,

What error message do you get when you create visualizations and make relationships in Power BI?

You can upload the Excel file to OneDrive, and post shared link of the file here.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You can't create a relationship between these two columns becasue one of the columns must have unique values.

Import from Access where relationships have been established:

DataFormat.Error: The database had been placed in a state by iser Admin" on machine that preventis it from loading.

--**for this error I simply renamed the database and it loaded...however, ther relationships I created in Access did not come across.

@jteccampbell wrote:

@jteccampbell,

Please follow the guide in this similar thread to create relationship between your tables.

Regards,
Lydia

dtartaglia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Can you post to an FTP site? One work-around in Excel I've used is to create a new table using the UNION command. This assumes all the Excel tables have exacly the same columns (or at least using the same columns in BI). You may need to create a new column identifying the sheets.

Unfortunately no, we are blocked from FTP sites on my work network.

I don't think the union command will work becasue to sums up items. I need to compair (for example) the number of bananas from tab 1 of my workbook to the actual numbers of bananas being reporting inthe other systems....not add them up. I need to be able to graphically represent that 'this is the amount of bananans we shoud have, this is the amount source 1 is reporting, and this is the varience".

Thanks for your reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.