Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sapankumaarjain
Regular Visitor

Arithmetic Operation Resulted in overflow

Hi Team,

I have created a simple report with 2 slicers but on selection if the values are beyond 3700 lines I am getting above mentioned error in the 2nd slicer. Its the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Please advise @v-lili6-msft 

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sapankumaarjain ,"beyond 3700 lines" , not very clear. Can you explain it?

Hi Amit,

I was checking the count as well based upon the selection so anything under 3700 rows was reflecting the values in the slicer. Beyond that its resulting in above mentioned error.

Regards,

Sapan

Hi @sapankumaarjain 

Could you show me your table and give me a screenshot of your issue?

This may make it easier for me to understand your issue.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Rico, 

You can see attached screenshot with error message thrown by slicer on selection of one purchase organisation. Also you can see the count is 6978. It shows data only if it is below 3700 rows. Its a simple dim table connected to fact.

sapankumaarjain_0-1606384610099.png

Regards,

Sapan

Hi @sapankumaarjain 

Please show me your data source and your connection mode.

Can you sell all values in Slicer2 without any filter in Slicer1?

I have a test by geting data in Excel and using import mode.

My Sample table have two columns Level1 and Level2.

Level1 has three categorys A (2714 rows in Level2), B (7002 rows in Level2), C (200rows in Level2). 

When I select B in slicer1 (built by level1), slicer2 (built by Level2) works well.

1.png

And Desktop has upgrade, please update your desktop to the latest version (2.87.923.0 2020/11/25)

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Rico,

Data Source is Snowflake in direct query mode. Without any selection in slicer 1 yes it shows data.

Meanwhile I will update and check once.

Regards,

Sapan

Hi Rico,

In the updated version also I am getting same error. Also its not a numeric column.

Regards,

Sapan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.