Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jorismo
Helper II
Helper II

Area chart - only specific values

Hi all,

new problem for me.

i've got an sql data source wich is reporting the dates and if there is an violation of a ticket.

Now I want to plot this on an Area chart, x-axis is the date the Y-axis must be the number of violations (so only the 1 values).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=120TSwVz6t5HYuECgqdJnu6101XTDU3cze_H2OQNkZ2U

This is an link to my data source exported to xls

Hope someone can give a an helping hand!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jorismo,

You just add the sum(violation) as value, and date as x-axis level. Please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG

You can download the attachment to check more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jorismo,

Based on my understanding, you just want to display the date whose violated value is equal to 1. If my understanding is right, you can add a visual level filter to filter violated is 1, please see the following screenshot. Create a Area Chart, select the data as x-asix, violated as y-axis and add a filter(highlighted in red line).

1.PNG

Please respond to me if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi,

thanks for your answer, maybe I was a bit unclear.

If there was an SLA violation the table gets a 1, otherwise (no violation) will get an 0.

But there could be more dan 1 violation per day (if there are 5 tickets, maybe 3 gets the violation)

So I want to view every day in the chart, even if there aren't any violations, if there are violations I want to see how many.

It possible that on day 1 only 1 violation is, day 2 5 violations, day 3 0violations, day4 3violations.

THanks

Hi @jorismo,

You just add the sum(violation) as value, and date as x-axis level. Please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG

You can download the attachment to check more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi,

YES! this solves my issue.

Thanks!

Joris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors