Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Abbas
Frequent Visitor

Are the Cube functions available in Power BI

Hi,

It seems the Cube functions are not available in Power BI.  They are very useful in Excel Power Pivot.  Is there any other way to achieve the same results?

Thanks

Abbas

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Abbas,

You can use power query(M formula) in advanced editor to call similar functions in power bi, please refer to documentation here, the function list is from Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn to Cube.Transform.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Thanks.  I haven't used M Formula before; will try and use it.

Abbas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Abbas
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

It seems the Cube functions are not available.  They are very useful in Excel Power Pivot.  Is there any other way to achieve the same results?

Thanks

Abbas

Hi Abbas,

You can use power query(M formula) in advanced editor to call similar functions in power bi, please refer to documentation here, the function list is from Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn to Cube.Transform.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft Is there an example of this? The MSDN explanation doesn't seem very helpful. I'm having difficulty understanding how this solves the requestors question and how to implement it.

Thanks.  I haven't used M Formula before; will try and use it.

Abbas

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.