Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unfair_wapiti

Arcgis Maps for Power BI - How to change the base map

Hello,
I just started using ArcGIS maps for PowerBI, and so far it is fairly straight forward. I followed a few videos that seem to show that in order to change the base map, you have to click on the three little dot on the top right of the map and click edit.
My issue is that I don't have the 'Edit' options, I am not sure why. Is there another way to change the base map?

I ran accross this blog that seems to address my question, unfortunately I am missing the small yellow items to the left of the map that seems to allow users to choose a webmap. I am logged in with arcgis online though so I am not sure why I don't have access to them. Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Power Bi Desktop Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021)

Name: ArcGIS for Power BI   Version: 2021.1.91

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @unfair_wapiti ,

Check the official document:

A basemap provides a background, or visual context, for the data in a map. For example, a basemap showing streets can provide context for your address data. Using the Standard account, four base maps are provided: Dark Gray Canvas, Light Gray Canvas, OpenStreetMap, and Streets.

To change the basemap, follow these steps:

1. In the visualization's Format pane, expand the Map tools category and turn Basemaps on.

2. Click the Basemap button 

vstephenmsft_4-1637548038946.png to display the gallery.

3. Select the Dark Gray Canvas basemap.

vstephenmsft_5-1637548175453.png

The map updates using the new basemap.

For more information, see Change the basemap in the ArcGIS for Power BI online help.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your answer,

Unfortunately, while I have the yellow ribbon of icons as displayed on your screenshot, the basemap one is missing for some reason.

So I am wondering if there is a licensing issue somewhere there

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors