Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobertSlattery
Resolver III
Resolver III

ArcGis Manual Refresh?

I'm trying to compare year on year data on a map using ArcGis (I want to be able to use a heat map) and my initial approach is to have multiple maps and a separate query to access the table for each year. Problem is, every time I click from one tab to the other, the map refreshes which takes a while. Is there any way to stop ArcGis from automatically refreshing?

I used Table.Combine to bundle the years together and then added a slicer to select it but every time I change the selection the map zooms out to the default level. Any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour?

EDIT: Seems like the problem is that it always expands to try to fit all data points on the view.  So the question becomes: how to I tell it to clip data and not zoom out to enclose all data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArcGIS Maps currently does not have a control to disable auto-zoom. If you are open to multiple maps, you could try using a Visual Level Filter preset to the correct year for either map instead of the Slicer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArcGIS Maps currently does not have a control to disable auto-zoom. If you are open to multiple maps, you could try using a Visual Level Filter preset to the correct year for either map instead of the Slicer.

OK, no solution then.

The Filter (I assume you are talking about page level, although I tried report level as well) was exactly the same behaviour. It jumps around all over the place to ensure the data (including the stuff I don't care about) is all included. Super annoying. My initial map didn't respond to filters at all so I made another identical one and it started to respond. In the first one, when I selected Edit interactions, the filter symbol didn't appear, so it feels buggy.

This is disappointing, I might have to try and roll my own,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors