Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

ArcGIS number format back to front

There is something odd with an ArcGIS in the way it treats measures and the format associated with them.

I have a map that works great but when I however hover over my map the counts associated with it all have 2 decimal place formatting even though they are formated for 0 decimal place. the associatyed matrix is formatted okay.

The odd thing is the measures are also formatted with a comma (,) for 000's. If I remove this this formatting then I lose the decimal places BUT I lose the comma in my matrix. Bizarrely I will keep the comma formatting on the map? 

You can work around but you have to create another measure based on the first measure but with different formatting.

Format1.PNGformat2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1,

I can reproduce your issue, it seems the measure decimal place feature not works on arcgis map. I will report this to power bi team and update here if it has been fixed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-shex-msft thanks for the update. Also noticed today that % is also messed up

workaround for this is another measure:

% SLA Map = CONCATENATE(round([% SLA]*100,2),"%"

but it isn't great as the color saturation will not work properly on a text column.

Format Error.PNG

@gooranga1

ETA for the decimal number format issue is mid-August.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.