Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

letonggiang

ArcGIS maps: geocoding district issue

Hi there, 

I am trying to show data on map using ArcGIS maps for PBI using address (at district level ), but some did not work well (please see the pic below). I have tried to correct the address used for geocoding by using "Pins": searchs for locations and then replace the errors with new address. But, it still does not work. I formated the addess as uncategorized - i also tried with other posible format but i lost over 90% of data.

anyone can help me to fix it?

Thanks, 

GiangCapture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @letonggiang,

Do you mean the two parts are missed from the map? Could you please provide more details? 

1. How did you make this map? The settings.

2. Can you provide the names of the districts?

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, 

Thanks for taking your time to look at my issue.

My data have 3 fields: addess (district, city (Hanoi), and country (Vietnam or VNM)), District Name and Values. I keep all in Vietnamese. You can see the table below. The first two districts are missing on map. I have tried to work around by changing address from Vietnamese to non-Vietnamese. For example: Đống Đa, Hà Nội, VNM --> Dong Da District, Hanoi, VNM... I did with about 6 options but none of them work.

AddressBingMapDistrictNameValue
Đống Đa, Hà Nội, VNMĐống Đa2500
Quận Hà Đông, Hanoi, VietnamQuận Hà Đông473
Ba Đình, Hà Nội, VNMBa Đình2202
Ba Vì, Hà Nội, VNMBa Vì928
Cầu Giấy, Hà Nội, VNMCầu Giấy881
Chương Mỹ, Hà Nội, VNMChương Mỹ435
Đan Phượng, Hà Nội, VNMĐan Phượng234
Đông Anh, Hà Nội, VNMĐông Anh1072
Gia Lâm, Hà Nội, VNMGia Lâm1638
Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, VNMHai Bà Trưng2350
Hoai Duc, Hà Nội, VNMHoai Duc221
Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, VNMHoàn Kiếm1618
Hoàng Mai, Hà Nội, VNMHoàng Mai1628
Long Biên, Hà Nội, VNMLong Biên1657
Mê Linh, Hà Nội, VNMMê Linh198
Mỹ Đức, Hà Nội, VNMMỹ Đức462
Phú Xuyên, Hà Nội, VNMPhú Xuyên187
Phúc Thọ, Hà Nội, VNMPhúc Thọ312
Quốc Oai, Hà Nội, VNMQuốc Oai141
Sóc Sơn, Hà Nội, VNMSóc Sơn357
Sơn Tây, Hà Nội, VNMSơn Tây361
Tây Hồ, Hà Nội, VNMTây Hồ933
Thạch Thất, Hà Nội, VNMThạch Thất127
Thanh Oai, Hà Nội, VNMThanh Oai164
Thanh Trì, Hà Nội, VNMThanh Trì399
Thanh Xuân, Hà Nội, VNMThanh Xuân1062
Thường Tín, Hà Nội, VNMThường Tín213
Từ Liêm, Hà Nội, VNMTừ Liêm1356
Ứng Hoà, Hà Nội, VNMỨng Hoà446

I set up the map as with the following: boundaries, location are in: one country/Vietnam; location type: district; closest match. You in the link below you can fidn the PBI file and a setting screen shot (sorry, i tried to add a pic but it did not work). https://www.dropbox.com/sh/127rk3k905ab2xq/AAB6uyojONipm5ayO1N9FGF9a?dl=0 

Thanks for your help. 

Giang

I also had wrong geocoding for even more districts when change from boundaries to point!

Hi @letonggiang,

I have reported a similar issue. I think it's same with yours. How about your issue now? 

Please refer to: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ArcGIS-Mapping-ARGentina-Departmetns-incorrectly/idi-p/29360....

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale, 

I am still strugglling with this. The PBI team said that they are working on this. Not sure when we can have an update to solve this problem. Did have any issue when showing data by point? when switching to points, i can saw the missing districts (i think it is equal to your department) on map but in wrong locations. 

I did try to use Map with my shapefile (converted to .json). I works well but you cannot customize much. An other issues is when applying filter for some districts, it will show data of other districts!

i hope PBI team can work more on maps, especially for other countries.

Giang

Hi Giang,

Did you get the response from the PBI team? I got the response from the Product Team about the same issue I mentioned. The fix from Esri will be delivered in the early March 2018.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi Dale, 

Good to hear from yo and thank a lot for sharing. I have not received any feedback from PBI team. It seems quite late but till a good new :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.