Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mdmroberts
Regular Visitor

ArcGIS map not displaying

I received a message that the Cache was full from a ArcGIS visual.  I followed the instructions published on various sites and deleted the CEF folder in the user/appdata/powerbi folder, and restarted PowerBI.  Now, the visual will not display the map at all.  Points are plotted, on a blank white canvas.

I just updated to the November release, I do not know if this was an issue with an earlier version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, 

Here is a new Power BI desktop version released 2.52.4921.581. Please try to update desktop to this version and test again. 

If the issue persists, please run Fiddler with below option enabled then repeat the steps to reproduce the issue, save all sessions and share .saz file with us. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
cuiping
Frequent Visitor

i guess the reason is that we didn't pay for the ArcGis map monthly subscription? that is quite disappointing since i hv alr upgrade my power bi license to pro..but it still require add on subscription in order to use the visual, feel like cheated in....

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

As the issue is fixed now, I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jwjwjwjwjw
Advocate II
Advocate II

Came into work this AM and everything was back working. Didn't even update to November version. 

zylawys
Frequent Visitor

That solved the issues for me too. Thanks.

mdmroberts
Regular Visitor

The new version seems to have addressed the issue. 

Thanks!!!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all, 

Here is a new Power BI desktop version released 2.52.4921.581. Please try to update desktop to this version and test again. 

If the issue persists, please run Fiddler with below option enabled then repeat the steps to reproduce the issue, save all sessions and share .saz file with us. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

zylawys
Frequent Visitor

Tell me about it. ArcGIS maps still don't work in microsoft teams either. And still haven't had a response yet.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31512397-arcgis-maps-from-powe...

jwjwjwjwjw
Advocate II
Advocate II

Gotta say it is pretty disappointing to hear nothing back from Microsoft on this. It almost certainly has something to do with the November update and perhaps the new arcgis plus. This has happened on several occasions in the past and there is no warning and/or no communication from the developers as far as when it will be fixed. 

Meanwhile, we are being sold on a premium tier for a visual that broke the base version the moment it came out. The plus thing is unfortunate, as there are also major issues with the arcgis visual that are readily apparently to anybody who has used the visual in a business setting (autocentering, conditional formatting), that the team has apparently decided aren't worthy of their attention.

jwjwjwjwjw
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have a similar issue. Blank canvas in service, works in desktop. Haven't installed Nov update yet. 

zylawys
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. When I publish the report the dark grey canvis map does load, however it does not load in Power BI Desktop.

mdmroberts
Regular Visitor

I tested the file you sent, same issue.  I should add, I'm having the same isssue on 2 separate computer, running off of 2 different networks.After opening file....After opening file....Open street basemapOpen street basemap

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdmroberts,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop November version, in Basemap section of Arcgis map, change to Light Gray Canvas, Dark Gray Canvas and Streets type, the map will display after two seconds. Please wait for a while and see if it can display fine. 

Here is my test file, you can download it and test on your side to see if the same issue happens. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mdmroberts
Regular Visitor

I just found out that the "OpenStreet" basemap displays correctly, but none of the other basemaps display.OpenStreet BasemapOpenStreet BasemapLight Gray Canvas BasemapLight Gray Canvas Basemap

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.