Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

grantH

ArcGIS map not displaying data

Hi,

Last week the ArcGIS map visual stopped displaying data in desktop version. After trawling through previous threads with similar issue, here's what I have done to try and fix it however nothing seems to work. 

• Updated power BI to latest version ( 2.100.1182.0 64-bit (December 2021))
  • Cleared data cache
  • Create a new report using a new and very basic dataset from excel
  • Publish new report to online workspace (doesnt display data online either)
  • Change the state column (I am wanting to display states in the US on a map) to be of type "State or Province" or "Place"
  • Checked access to bing maps - can access without issue
  • Added the "GlobeMap" visual to the report - this displays points on the globe without issue

I'm leaning toward possibly something wrong with the ArcGIS visual??

Any suggestions/assistance would be much appreciated

Cheers

Grant

PowerBI Maps.JPG

Power Bi data.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @grantH 

There is a preview feature that is enabled by default in Power BI, that can be disabled, and the boundary matching will continue to work as expected. 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Boundary-matching-no-longer-works-in-ArcGIS/m-p/2275800

It appears to be specific to the December update of Power BI. Using earlier releases of Power BI Desktop still work.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service

refer:

US Zip/County/State Maps No Longer Render

UK postcode map not displaying

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
grantH

@v-angzheng-msft Thank you! Disabling this feature has solved the issue. Map is now rendering data.

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @grantH 

There is a preview feature that is enabled by default in Power BI, that can be disabled, and the boundary matching will continue to work as expected. 
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Boundary-matching-no-longer-works-in-ArcGIS/m-p/2275800

It appears to be specific to the December update of Power BI. Using earlier releases of Power BI Desktop still work.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service

refer:

US Zip/County/State Maps No Longer Render

UK postcode map not displaying

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

grantH

Thanks @amitchandak . I don't think it is related so will create a new post in issues (I'm assuming I can't move this post into issues forum)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.