Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ArcGIS integration and requests for constant logins (geo visuals)

Hi, I hope this is the right forum, rather than the ArcGIS forums. If it isn't, please tell me and I'll repost elsewhere.

I have several ArcGIS for PowerBI visuals in several reports.

I have a Creator level account with ArcGIS, and our organisation has an organisational account.

I experience an intermittent problem where I get the "This content is unavailable unless you log in" in desktop.

The desktop workaround is to create a blank ArcGIS visual, which pops up the login screen. Once logged in, the visuals show.

HOWEVER - as soon as I publish those to apps.powerbi.com, the same login message appears. Even if I am logged into ArcGIS online at the exact same time, the visuals showing in the published version show the error message. I cannot add a blank visual (for login purposes) to the published reports, as it simply shows a "visual with no data" image rather than a login field.

Is there some setting/login sequence I am missing? I am logged in in the desktop visual, logged in using my browser, but for some reason, the published visual does not think I am logged in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This has been solved and appears to be a potential bug.

In this case, the visual was accessing a given layer (X) in the organizational set.

When permissions are changed, and the user can no longer access layer X, PowerBI just continues trying to access, but does not throw any error message (instead there is a circle of doom continually refreshing)

Reconstructing the visual from scratch enables the user to access other layers.

So, summed up: if permissions change and you can no longer access a layer, the visual will not show an error message. This appears to be a bug.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This has been solved and appears to be a potential bug.

In this case, the visual was accessing a given layer (X) in the organizational set.

When permissions are changed, and the user can no longer access layer X, PowerBI just continues trying to access, but does not throw any error message (instead there is a circle of doom continually refreshing)

Reconstructing the visual from scratch enables the user to access other layers.

So, summed up: if permissions change and you can no longer access a layer, the visual will not show an error message. This appears to be a bug.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Sorry, I haven't experienced this. Could you provide some screenshots? Maybe I can search for some useful information to help you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.