Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luigiolivieri
Frequent Visitor

[SOLVED] ArcGIS for PowerBI resetting configurations

[EDIT: It solved by itself after a couple of days]

Hi everyone.

Since the beginning of the week, the ArcGIS for Power BI visual on my reports (I tested on two) started to "reset" everytime the map refreshes. I put a reference layer, change the location type to boundaries and so on, but when I change to another tab and come back, the map resets to default and every change is lost. Is it happening elsewhere?

I'm using Power BI for Desktop from the store on Windows 10.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

I am connected to the internet, I even put a reference layer on the map. Nonetheless, every modification I do on the visual resets once I change the tab/close the report and come back to it again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luigiolivieri ,

Refering the Online document Arcgis in Power BI . Power BI needs network connectivity to display the maps. The users cannot view maps offline. So I think  that is by desgin. For technical detailed questions about how Esri’s ArcGIS Maps for Power BI works, reach out to Esri through their support site.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi there,

I am connected to the internet, I even put a reference layer on the map. Nonetheless, every modification I do on the visual resets once I change the tab/close the report and come back to it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@luigiolivieriDid this issue get resolved? I've got a similar issue I'm trying to work through at the moment

C

It solved itself the following day, I didn't have to do anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.