Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IEPMost
Helper III
Helper III

ArcGIS doesn´t recognize some addresses

Hey guys,

I have to visualize all our customers on a map through their address. My address column is structured like this:

["Zip Code" "City", "street" "number"] so as it is in Germany [80469 München, Klenzestr. 23] for example.

Now 50 out of 1100 addresses are displayed on the same wrong spot on the map. When I´m looking for one of the wrongly displayed streetname using the magnifying glasses icon within the ArcGIS Visual, the visual displays it right. So any idea how to solve it? This error affects a total of five different street names.

Hope you guys know what I mean, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
IEPMost
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-robertq-msft ,

unfortunately this doesn´t seem to be the problem.. I added the three letter-abbreviation DEU for Germany to my column [address] but problem still remains.. I also looked at your links but nothing solved my issue.

It´s kinda weird because I can see the correct address when I´m looking for it with the magnifying glass icon within ArcGIS for PowerBI - it´s the exact same way as it´s written in my column.

Any further tips on that? I would highly appreciate it.

Cheers

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @IEPMost 

According to my research, ArcGIS in Power BI seems like not fully support the abbreviated state name. Therefore, when working with countries or regions, use the three-letter abbreviation to ensure that geocoding works properly in map visualizations. Do not use two-letter abbreviations, as some countries or regions may not be properly recognized.

If you only have two-letter abbreviations, check out this blog for steps on how to associate your two-letter country/region abbreviations with three-letter country/region abbreviations.

If your problem doesn’t exist in the two-letter abbreviations, you can turn to these documents for help:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/pbi-faq.htm

Supported environments of ArcGIS for Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.