Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

allenoneill
Frequent Visitor

ArcGIS Reference layer - how to link data?

Hi all,

I am using the ArcGIS map (pro subscription). I have set a reference layer of electoral districts.
Now I want data I have related to those districts to display in the map, in each district as pic-charts.

So a bit like the attached, but the pic-charts constrained with the relevant districts.

What I have done:

- Added in reference layer of particular type (the country/electorcal district layer)

- Set location type = boundry

- Set location for single country (named)

- Set location type to 'Electoral divisions'

- Set Location type to 'exact match'

I have also created a column in my datraset that has a locaiton name the same as the 'district names' shown on the layer

When I try to load, no data point show, and I get an error at the bottom of the map 'Failed to load 30 features'

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks.

Allen.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @allenoneill,

Could you share how to create that map with vizzes show on the map? I am also trying to link map and the data so analysis can be done when you click on the line or polygon feature on the map in Power BI.

Many thanks!! 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @allenoneill,

Current I haven't found any document told you how to setting data point to correspond with reference layer shapes.
I'd like to suggest you contact to arcgis team to confirm this feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.