Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

estud1os_113

ArcGIS Maps for Power Bi join feature not working

Hi,

I am trying to use the join feature available in the ArcGIS Maps for Power Bi visual to connect data in my Power Bi report to data uploaded to our ArcGIS Online server. When I try doing the join it seems to work but once I try filtering the visual using a slicer the map doesn't respond it just keeps loading endlessly. 

This video demonstrates what we would like to accomplish using the join feature: Join Your Data to ArcGIS Layers - YouTube

However, this is a video I recorded showing what happens when I try doing the join myself: https://vimeo.com/644026377/041bd3b6ac

Have others experienced issues with this feature? 

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @estud1os_113 

Will the same problem occur on Power BI Desktop? Not sure if this is the problem caused by the version update and it is difficult to determine the specific reason. You can consult on the forum of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi/ct-p/arcgis-for-power-bi 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft,

ArcMap Online for Power Bi acts a little strange on the desktop version and sometimes gives me issues when I try to log in, but I got the visual to import the layer from the server on the desktop version. However, once I did the join I already had a slicer on and it initially worked and filtered the map correctly, but once I changed the slicer the map gave the same issue that it loads endlessly. 

I will consult the forum you sent, thanks. 

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.