Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Le-menace
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS Maps for Power BI and filled maps (choropleth)

I have two questions regarding this.

1) I have an ArcGIS online account, meaning I can add a spesific layer to the PBI-map - for instance local administrative borders. However I can't manage to get the grids filled with colour. Is it even possible?

2) The embedded "filled map"-visualization in PBI apparantly allow for the inclusion of latitudes and longitudes, c.f.:

example.png

I can’t get that to work, and I can't really understand how it should work..

(Although it would be nice, since I'm having a hard time getting all my locations to be correctly placed, i.e. the municipalities in Norway).

I know - and get shape maps to work - but that is really not as cool..

Would appreciate any insights on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Le-menace , 

1. I don't have ArcGIS online account, so I test this by standard account, I am not sure whether this will cause problem. When I add other layer, I find that I can't re-design the layer, there is no setting pane of this layer(just have select location, remove, zoom ). I am not sure whether you use online account will have more settings. I think you might need to achieve this by upload your custom layer which have your expected filled result.

2. The filled map  requires a field in the Location bucket; even if latitude and longitude are provided. Whatever data is in the Location, Latitude, or Longitude bucket is sent to Bing. So you need to provide the Location field and set its category like below

705.PNG706.PNG708.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Le-menace , 

1. I don't have ArcGIS online account, so I test this by standard account, I am not sure whether this will cause problem. When I add other layer, I find that I can't re-design the layer, there is no setting pane of this layer(just have select location, remove, zoom ). I am not sure whether you use online account will have more settings. I think you might need to achieve this by upload your custom layer which have your expected filled result.

2. The filled map  requires a field in the Location bucket; even if latitude and longitude are provided. Whatever data is in the Location, Latitude, or Longitude bucket is sent to Bing. So you need to provide the Location field and set its category like below

705.PNG706.PNG708.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.