Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Datamijn
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS Maps failed to locate features (dutch municipalities)

Hi,

The ArcGIS Maps fails to locate the following dutch municipalities

- Kollumerland c.a.

- De Fryske Marren

- Haarlemmerliede c.a.

- Nuenen c.a.

- Edam-Volendam

where can I find the correct naming of the geocoded municipalities of the Netherlands.

I figured out that removing the 'c.a.' part of the municipalities is solving the problem for Kollumerland c.a., Haarlemmerliede c.a. and Nuenen c.a. But how should De Fryske Marren and Edam-Volendam be renamed to be located on the map?

Is there an overview of the current municipalities Esri is using?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your response,

for the Dutch municipalities I found that Edam-Volendam should be Volendam and de Fryske Marren, de Friese Meren. Then it works. However it would be nice if there would just be a list that contains all the locations Esri is using. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Datamijn,

Actually this is a general issue which arcgis faced, but current I haven't found any effective solutions to help accurate locate.

I'd like to suggest you input more detail place information or direct use longitude/latitude to locate region.(e.g local information include 'place, region, country' with data category 'place')

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response,

for the Dutch municipalities I found that Edam-Volendam should be Volendam and de Fryske Marren, de Friese Meren. Then it works. However it would be nice if there would just be a list that contains all the locations Esri is using. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.