Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lorenz33
Helper III
Helper III

ArcGIS Maps For Power BI Not Working

We are using the September 2021 version of Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server. We are trying to add a "ArcGIS Maps for Power BI" visual. When we place the visual on the canvas we get a "Sign in to ArcGIS" screen.

Lorenz33_1-1646763990058.png

We choose the "ArcGIS Enterprise" radio button and enter the URL for the map in the text box and click the "sign in button". A screen comes up prompting us to sign in to the portal. We enter the ArcGIS login and password.

Lorenz33_3-1646764327584.png

We click on the "Sign In" button. It then fails bringing us back to the orignal "Sign in to ArcGIS" visual on the canvas with multiple common.addOnLicenseRequired messages.

Lorenz33_4-1646764490367.png

We are able to successfully log on to the ArcGIS Portal in MS Edge and Google Chrome. 

Does a subscription for "ArcGIS Maps for Power BI" need to be purchased? If so how do we go about purchasing one?

2 REPLIES 2
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lorenz33 

Please go to https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1
Sign in with same credential and check the subscription plan. If you dont have, here you can find the subscription related information and need to contact with Argis sales team for more information.

If you have any question, please let me know.
If solve your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION
If this comment helps you, please LIKE this comment/Kudos

I am having the same problem with my ArcGIS map on power BI. I checked my licence to make sure it does include Power BI and it does. I also checked that I am using the lasest version of Power BI and I am. What could be the issue causing my map on power bi desktop not to work?

power bi arcgis.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.