Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sgross
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS Mapping Incorrectly

I have data from locations in various countries that I'd like to map. I have fields for Address, City, Postcode and Country/Region. All of these have their Data Cateogories correctly assigned. Even so, I'm having UK towns, with UK postcodes, and their Country/Region listed as 'UNITED KINGDOM', appearing in the United States.

Any clue as to why this is happening? It was my understanding that, with all the columns correctly filled out, Power BI should be able to identify a row as a single address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sgross,

So you want show City as Location on the ArcGIS map, right?

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new calculate column to combine the "Country/Region" and City column in to a single column. Then show the created column(Country&City) as Location on ArcGIS map to get the City shown correctly.

Country&City = Table1[Country/Region]&", "&Table1[City]

You will need to replace 'Table1' with your real table name.

c2.PNGr5.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sgross,

Could you post some sample data and screenshots, so that we can help further investigate on this issue? It's better to share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Sure thing. I'll get to work sanitising a copy of the data. For now I've grabbed some screenshots:

Here is how the data appears in the table:

data.png

Here are how the fields appear (note the globes; each has their Data Category set correctly)

categories.png

And here's Alton, United Kingdom, postcode and all, slap bang in the middle of the USA :S

map.png

Hi @sgross,

So you want show City as Location on the ArcGIS map, right?

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a new calculate column to combine the "Country/Region" and City column in to a single column. Then show the created column(Country&City) as Location on ArcGIS map to get the City shown correctly.

Country&City = Table1[Country/Region]&", "&Table1[City]

You will need to replace 'Table1' with your real table name.

c2.PNGr5.PNG

Regards

Excellent! That format seems to have done it.

Thanks very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.