Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ArcGIS Map - Using Measures as Slicers

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Maps and I want to use different measures as slicers that control what is displayed on the map. I don't want to have separate maps to show the different data - I want the end user to be able to control what measures they see in the map.

For example, the ArcGIS Map I'm using shows data at a postcode district level (UK). I have two separate measures that show year on year and week on week % differences in the data I'm measuring. I want the end user to be able to select either year on year or week on week by the use of a slicer, which would change what is seen in the postcode district level map. I don't want one map showing year on year data and another map showing week on week data.

Is this possible, i.e. using measures as slicers in the same way that dimensions can be used as slicers?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I'm afraid slicer should only be created on a column, not a measure. As a workaround, I would suggest you to use bookmark instead. You may refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.