Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kraaitje
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS Color Dutch Zip Code Boundaries

Hi there,

I'm trying out the new ArcGIS maps for Power BI. I have a dataset with Dutch Zip Codes containing data. I want to color the zip code boundaries on the map when I select something in a slicer, a province for example.  Why I want to do this? We have some locations in the Netherlands. All locations are attached to a couple of zip codes, this is their working area. I want to show their working area on the map and add some commercial activities to the same map. I can see if the location is working in their own area but also what area's they are not working.

powerbi3.png

I added the "Netherlands Postcode4 demographics" reference layer to my dataset. This looks OK. It paints the Zip Code boundaries in the map. The problem is that it's not attaching the Zip Code in my dataset (a 4 number zip code) to the data in the map.  I have set the Zip Code as a datatype Zip Code in the modeling tab.

powerbi1.png

I expect that when I select a province, for example "Zuid-Holland", all zip codes are colored in the map. Nothing happens. Does somebody know how I can make this work?

powerbi2.png

I tried it with a test dataset with American zip codes, this works fine:

powerbi4.png

This map is created in Excel Power Maps. I created to layers, one with just the zip codes, the second with a measure on the same map. Is this possible in Power BI?

powerbi5.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoi @Kraaitje ,

Ben je hier ooit uitgekomen?

Ik zou namelijk willen laten zien hoeveel clienten er op bepaalde postcodes zijn

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kraaitje,

Current, power bi map visual and arcgis map visual not support the layout which you want.

For your requirement, you can use GlobeMap:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.