Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GlassShark1
Helper III
Helper III

Arc GIS maps for Power Bi - map point colour by category

I've got Red, Green and Amber categories for map points that i'm trying to have coloured in the same way on the map. I can't seem to get this to work though. When i set the map to Size and Colour and drag the field into 'Colour', it treats this as a numeric field, and suggests a colour ramp for it (i'm presuming it's doing a count of 'Green' etc). I just want to set the text value 'Green' to a green colour.

Any help? Driving me crazy...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GlassShark1 

The field dragged into 'Colour' shoud be "Category".

And then you can  set  color you want  for each category  in  "Symbol color" .

80.png

Please check my pbix file for more details.

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @GlassShark1 

The field dragged into 'Colour' shoud be "Category".

And then you can  set  color you want  for each category  in  "Symbol color" .

80.png

Please check my pbix file for more details.

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks - i'll mark this as the solution as it's confirmed i'm doing it the right way. It hasn't solved my problem though, as when i put on a slicer for a category it still shows point for all 3 colours. I'm working with dummy data though (with duplicates), so i'm guessing the problem is with the data - likely showing a record as being both one category and another, so it is just showing each in turn when i apply a filter. Thanks again - at least i can see i've approached it the right way 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.