Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

April update - Page size missing set Dynamic

In the latest April update, set page size to Dynamic is missing. 

Capture.PNG

Opening old reports which set to dynamic are shown blank

1.PNG

Workaround for all reports is to duplicate an existing page but for new files..no option

Konstantinos Ioannou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, the dynamic page size option has been removed from Power BI Desktop. Note that existing reports created using this option will continue to work as they did previously; however, the option cannot be set on new reports.

The reason we removed this option is because we cannot guarantee that our free-form report layouts will scale dynamically without introducing undesired side effects. Specifically, elements that are absolutely positioned to perfectly align with other elements on the canvas will lose their relative positioning to the elements they were supposed to be aligned with and the layout will look broken. What’s worse, this won’t be obvious while the report is being created and can lead to unpleasant surprises when they are viewed by others.

Now for some good news: we are actively working on implementing a new dynamic mode which will enable us to guarantee that report layouts won’t break when they are dynamically resized. We are on track to deliver this important feature this summer; please stay tuned.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
elz
Advocate II
Advocate II

hello,

this isn't a real solution, but i noticed that when i opened a new bi desktop file (the page size type was 16.9 for page 1) and used the file tab - import - excel workbook contents option and used a workbook that had power view reports in it, the page size type for page 1 was then somehow changed to "blank", as shown in the screen shot in the original post in this thread.

the page size type for power view report pages were also blank, which allowed me to duplicate them, delete the content and create new reports.

hopefully, this will help someone else, until this is fixed.

tracy

sabhishek
Frequent Visitor

Any news on this as this is a real pain....

Yes, the dynamic page size option has been removed from Power BI Desktop. Note that existing reports created using this option will continue to work as they did previously; however, the option cannot be set on new reports.

The reason we removed this option is because we cannot guarantee that our free-form report layouts will scale dynamically without introducing undesired side effects. Specifically, elements that are absolutely positioned to perfectly align with other elements on the canvas will lose their relative positioning to the elements they were supposed to be aligned with and the layout will look broken. What’s worse, this won’t be obvious while the report is being created and can lead to unpleasant surprises when they are viewed by others.

Now for some good news: we are actively working on implementing a new dynamic mode which will enable us to guarantee that report layouts won’t break when they are dynamically resized. We are on track to deliver this important feature this summer; please stay tuned.

Hi,

I faced the same issue about month ago. I see the latest post was made about half a year. Is there any updates on this?

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Same problem here!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I reported it internally and will report back once I get more updates. 

Any update on this? This issue makes it a pain to create new reports.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I'm seeing this as well @konstantinos

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hopefully they'll take care of this soon...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two an a half years later... still waiting. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors