Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

April release broke certain DB2 connections: SQLSTATE HY000 SQLCODE =-379

Yesterday I updated my PBI Desktop to the April release. Then I started getting errors with my IBM DB2 connections. These erros only appear to occur in desktop. and have not affected the version in Service.

Here is the error message from Edit Queries:

DataSource.Error: Microsoft Db2 Client: An internal network library error has occurred. A network level syntax error has occurred. SQLSTATE=HY000 SQLCODE=-379
Details:
    DataSourceKind=DB2
    DataSourcePath=[Server];[DB]
    Message=An internal network library error has occurred. A network level syntax error has occurred. SQLSTATE=HY000 SQLCODE=-379
    ErrorCode=0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You go to "Edit Queries" and select the "Data source settings" button on the toolbard. From there, select your data source type, and edit its credentials.

scrnsht.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been experincng the same error after the jan 2019 update and the solution doesnt seem to work.

Did you try another solution?

thanks

@Anonymous In my case, it was simply a creds issue. Sometimes, PBI changes the way certain types of connections work. For instance, one release broke how PBI interacted with our data gateway, causing all of our reports to go down for about a week until IT found a way around it (which in our case I think involved working with IBM directly).

The point being that this may not be the issue you are having. What are your symptoms? When does the error occur?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jengwt,

I would suggest you file a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Turns out that what PBI remembered as my creds for the DB2 connection got scrambled, and I was just having a very hard time trying to get it to use the right set.

@v-jiascu-msft How can I force the "login" window for a query to appear? It only seems like it will show up in certain situations, which I can't seem to define. I'm sure there's just some button I'm missing.

There were other things that happened, like certain slicers ceasing to work. I had to finagle them a little bit to get them to start working again, but ultimately, I didn't actually changed anything to get them working again. It could have been the appearance of what we have taken to calling "ghost slicers".

I am very confident that these issues were caused by the new release; updates in the software that made the existing content of my reports freak out.

You go to "Edit Queries" and select the "Data source settings" button on the toolbard. From there, select your data source type, and edit its credentials.

scrnsht.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.