Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anil
Helper III
Helper III

Apps wont delete for shared users

Hi all,

We have created app workspace with few reports then published this to users as an app.

We have deleted the app workspace but still, the users are accessing the reports through the published app.

is there a way to delete the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anil,

That should be the cache of Power BI side. Just wait for some hours then the users will cannot use the link to access the app.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anil,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Once the app workspace has been deleted, the app disappear. You can create a ticket for help from here.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft

Thanks for the reply, note before deletion of the app workspace I haven't unpublished the app. So the users are still able to open the reports using the app link.

I have raised a support ticket. Waiting for the resolution.

Hi @anil,

Based on my test, I can view the app that should be deleted using the shared link. That should be the issue of the cache. If you clean your cache and reload the link, Then you will get the message as below.

app.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Power bi cache or browser cache?

But based on the service request call, they mentioned if we delete the app without unpublishing it. The users will be still able to access the reports. 

If its the browser cache we cannot inform all the users to clear the cache.

Hi @anil,

That should be the cache of Power BI side. Just wait for some hours then the users will cannot use the link to access the app.

Regards,

Frank

Its been 2 days I have deleted the workspaces bit still the users are accessing the app.

Also, I couldn't find the clear cache option in power bi service, please help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.