Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kammaru
Frequent Visitor

Approach to load huge data

Hi All,

Please suggest me to create a dashboard with huge data source of SQL on prime.

Records are in Billions

Thanks

Kamal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Thanks a lot friend, But DirectQuery has some limitations and it's taking time to refresh when you apply and filter form slicer because it's directly firing the query on that server.

One more do we need to schedule refresh for DirectQuery or not? I also applied some transformation and DAS queries there so that are not supporing DirectQuery Mode, Please advise.

Thanks 

Kamal Maru

India

Hi @kammaru,

As per this article, in Power BI Service, if your dataset is configured for a DirectQuery connection, there is a direct connection between Power BI and the database, there is no need to schedule refreshed, and datasets are refreshed approximately each hour or when interaction with the data occurs.

If DirectQuery mode is not supported for your data source, and your dataset doest hit the 1 GB dataset limitation, you can follow this article to import your data in Power BI. Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You probably need to look at the enterprise gateway and a live connection.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.