Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magnus-CPH-DK
Helper I
Helper I

Applying several "Equal to" number filters in a table in Data tab in Report Server

Hi all

I want to do a very simple task, which I cannot figure out to do in Power BI Desktop (Report Server) in the Data tab.

I have a column with a couple of thousand numbers where I want to apply a filter that shows the values equal to 1557, 1574 and 1588. Since they lie outside the range where I can scroll down to find them, I am prompted to search for them (which I apparently cannot do since they are numbers and not text).

MagnusCPHDK_0-1674640151883.png

Instead I have to apply number filters, but it seems I am only able to filter down to either one or two values. There is no option to add additional clauses:

MagnusCPHDK_1-1674640271705.png

This ought to be a no-brainer, everyday useful functionality. Can it be done somehow? Thanks in advance.

- Magnus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think u might've posted this in the wrong forums. This is for Desktop version not for Reporting. Personally never worked with reporting.
Found a simpler solution:

DvdH_0-1674641334277.png

DvdH_1-1674641351677.pngDvdH_2-1674641367943.png

Then u can edit the filters after. This is how i got more options shown though. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Magnus-CPH-DK
Helper I
Helper I

If creating a table visual in Report view and adding all the columns I want to investigate is the only option I have, I guess your solution works. But I would prefer to be able to filter inside the actual tables in Data view, since I only want to scan the entire table and the corresponding columns and not do the filtering inside the report itself.

I guess its an obvious idea for suggested new Power BI features, if the solution to my task doesn't exist already. Cause it ought be obviously simple 🙂
Thanks in any case!

Indeed PowerBI misses some basic features such as a Time.Timezone function for instance. Same for this why do we have to add a work around to be able to do it?
It is odd. If my solution helped please accept it for others.
I don't think what u want is directly possible but this work around is.
Another work around would be to use an Dax function "IF" see:
Power BI IF + 31 Examples - SPGuides

U can possible make a new table filtered based on your needs with this to work with that. However if u want to ALWAYS filter the data u should do this in the dataset itself not inside of PowerBI.

Magnus-CPH-DK
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @DvdH 

Thank you for the quick reply.

What do you mean by dragging the field into the filter column?

I cannot find anywhere in Data view where I can drag a field into a filter.

I think u might've posted this in the wrong forums. This is for Desktop version not for Reporting. Personally never worked with reporting.
Found a simpler solution:

DvdH_0-1674641334277.png

DvdH_1-1674641351677.pngDvdH_2-1674641367943.png

Then u can edit the filters after. This is how i got more options shown though. 

DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Goodday,
I had the same previously.
See this post which solved it for me:
Solved: Create an advanced filter with more than 2 options - Microsoft Power BI Community

If this post helps please upvote it. If it solves your issue please "Accept As Sollution".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.