Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobHess05
Helper I
Helper I

Applying separate column filters in a Power BI Matrix

Hello.  I have a matrix that combines data from two datasets.  Each dataset has a date, which I'm using to filter my data.  The problem is that both date filters affect both datasets, which results in incorrect data.  Is it possible to only apply a filter to a specific column?

In this example, I'd like the Time Entry Date Entered slicer to filter the Hours columns, and the Service Ticket Date Entered slicer to filter the Tickets columns. 

RobHess05_0-1634842681085.png

FYI, Service Tickets are a parent record to the child Time Entry records.  I tried changing the cross filter direction to Single, but that broke the matrix.

RobHess05_1-1634842692317.png

Thank you for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Filter direction should be single.  Use a different visual or break the matrix visual into two separate ones.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RobHess05
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @lbendlin 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Filter direction should be single.  Use a different visual or break the matrix visual into two separate ones.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.