Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying a Desktop Summary Page that allows user to select their account, and filter every page

I have about 30 accounts, and I would like for users to have a visual drop down or click button that will allow them to select at the VP or Account or Brand Level. This selection will then filter all pages in the report. 

Is there an easy way to make this possible in the desktop version? I've seen articles where you can do it in the report online....

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may simply use report-level filter in Desktop.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sure, create the slicer, copy it to every page so that you are using Sync Slicers. Then, hide it on all of the other pages.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response!

This works on a few pages, but unfortunately It will not slice some of my pages which come from different queries. 

Would you be kind enough to provide an example of how to solve this problem?

For instance, I have the "accounts" I want to slice. However, when I select an account, say walmart... it only slices that pages that use the specific hierarchy I included in the master slicer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.