Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

petersi
Helper II
Helper II

Applying Submitted Paramter to Report

I have a question related to the ability to specify a means where a paramter is to be supplied to a report. I am currnelty integrating Power BI via a web application. We have the necessity to restrict data based on a user identification. This has to be done at the beginning and would limit the report to only show data based on the user paramter.

So the question would be is

1) how would you provide a paramter to a Power BI report where the paramter would be used as a filtering paramter of the underlying data sets being used in the report.

2 REPLIES 2
Ashwinikhole
Regular Visitor

Hi team,

I am trying to create parameter which will act as user defined filter and which will pass to the SQL query as a parameter.

PaidAmt

I want to create Paidamt as a parameter and need to pass it to SQL query so that whenever a user select any value it will filter the sql query.

I have created what if parameter and trying to pass the SQL code but it giving error like Expression. Error: The name 'Paidamt1' wasn't recognized. I am using below code:

(having sum(clf.PAID_AMOUNT)>'"& (Paidamt1) &"'#(lf)#(lf)#(tab)"]).

Could you help me to find out how i can apply parametrized filter into SQL code.

Thanks,

Ashwini

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @petersi,

As far as I know, Power BI use RLS (Row Level Security) to restrict access to a report or a dataset. I would suggest you read this documentation. There are so many details, I won't quote them here. And this is also helpful.

If you have any question about the technical details of RLS, I would recommend you to post in the Developer forum.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.