Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying Query Changes Issue OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] File Contains corrupted data..

Greetings,

I am having an issue with my file where I am trying to update and apply changes that @Anonymous  helped put together for me and I am getting an error message that I can't seem to get around. I tried created another .pbix using the same data but I keep getting this error. The data looks fine in Power Query.

Here is what it looks like.

let
Source = Folder.Files("\\swgas.com\swgshr\lvo\snvshr\GOSS\Employees\Salinas\Testing"),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(Source,{"Extension", "Date accessed", "Date modified", "Date created", "Attributes", "Folder Path"}),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Removed Columns",".xlsx","",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Name"}),
#"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Replaced Value", "Name", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter(" ", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Name.1", "Name.2", "Name.3"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Split Column by Delimiter",{{"Name.3", "Year"}, {"Name.2", "Month"}}),
#"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Renamed Columns",{"Month"},DimMonthNum,{"Month"},"DimMonthNum",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded DimMonthNum" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "DimMonthNum", {"Month Number"}, {"Month Number"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded DimMonthNum",{{"Year", Int64.Type}}),
#"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Name.1"}),
#"Invoked Custom Function" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns1", "Transform File from Testing", each #"Transform File from Testing"([Content])),
#"Removed Columns2" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Invoked Custom Function",{"Content"}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Columns2", "Month of Subtable", each Table.AddColumn(
[Transform File from Testing],
"Month Number",
each
Date.Month( [RRC] )
)),
#"Added Custom1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "Year of Subtable", each Table.AddColumn(
[Month of Subtable],
"Year",
each
Date.Year( [RRC])
)),
#"Removed Columns3" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom1",{"Transform File from Testing", "Month of Subtable"}),
#"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Removed Columns3",{"Year of Subtable", "Month", "Month Number", "Year"}),
#"Removed Columns4" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Reordered Columns",{"Month"}),
#"Expanded Year of Subtable" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Columns4", "Year of Subtable", {"RRC", "COST_ELEMENT", "AMOUNT", "Employee Number", "Month Number", "Year"}, {"RRC", "COST_ELEMENT", "AMOUNT", "Employee Number", "Month Number.1", "Year.1"}),
#"Added Custom2" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded Year of Subtable", "Keep or Remove", each if
[Month Number.1] = [Month Number]
and
[Year.1] = [Year]
then
"Keep"
else
"Remove"),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom2", each ([Keep or Remove] = "Keep"))
in
#"Filtered Rows"

E14.JPG

What do you think the issue might be? Thoughts/Experiences? 

Thank you,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay So I was off for the weekend so that is why it took so long. The issue was that the file wasn't hiding hidden files. I'll have a screenshot kind of explaining what I mean. Even when I added the step in, It would glitch and unhide it in the next step. So I had to delete the next step and reinput it in Power Query.

E15.JPGE16.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay So I was off for the weekend so that is why it took so long. The issue was that the file wasn't hiding hidden files. I'll have a screenshot kind of explaining what I mean. Even when I added the step in, It would glitch and unhide it in the next step. So I had to delete the next step and reinput it in Power Query.

E15.JPGE16.JPG

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems the data format issue in your original data.

you connect to a folder as a data source, could you show an example of the source before any transformation and what the final table should be?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft 

Hi Maggie,

Well the issue only appears once I apply Power Query. It loads fine Otherwise

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.