Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

nrungta
Frequent Visitor

Apply two rows filter

My data has a column Country. I have data points of 10 countires in the Country Column. Now I want to use average Sales of only two countries, USA and India. 
1. How can I use this in a Measure?
2. How can I make a new table from it?
Thanks in Advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure

AverageSales = Calculate([Your Average Calculation], Filter([Your Table], Country = "USA" || Country = "India")

New Table

Option1:

Look at this post by @v-jiascu-msft to create a summaryized table

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Summarize-Table-and-Filter-by-Date/m-p/465088/highlight/tru...

Option 2: 

Or from Power Query you could always create a reference to your original table and filter out data not related to USA or India. This would leave you with just the data your loking for. 

View solution in original post

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nrungta ,

You could create a new table with CALCULATETABLE() function.

Table 2 =
CALCULATETABLE (
    test,
    FILTER ( test, test[country] = "India" || test[country] = "US" )
)

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nrungta ,

You could create a new table with CALCULATETABLE() function.

Table 2 =
CALCULATETABLE (
    test,
    FILTER ( test, test[country] = "India" || test[country] = "US" )
)

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure

AverageSales = Calculate([Your Average Calculation], Filter([Your Table], Country = "USA" || Country = "India")

New Table

Option1:

Look at this post by @v-jiascu-msft to create a summaryized table

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Summarize-Table-and-Filter-by-Date/m-p/465088/highlight/tru...

Option 2: 

Or from Power Query you could always create a reference to your original table and filter out data not related to USA or India. This would leave you with just the data your loking for. 

After applying these two row filters of USA and India. Can I apply more filters of another column (Zone) and filter further to  'South' and 'North'

@Anonymous @v-eachen-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.