Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shanemc1
Frequent Visitor

Apply the same data in 2 separate slicers which will filter 2 separate Matrix's on the same page - P

I have the following report in power BI. It shows the different stages an enquiry can be at. 

I want to show the data in two separate matrix's with two separate RecordCreated slicers filtering it up.

I have an enquiry status version table which will stamp when the enquiry moved status.

The idea is that I want to see if an enquiry has moved from For example Status "A" to Status "B" in the space of two weeks.

My database structure is as follows.

EnquiryStatusVersionId	EnquiryId	EnquiryStatusId	     EnquiryVersionId    RecordCreated
1                       1234            70	             12345		 2019-02-01
2                       1235	        70	             12356		 2019-02-01

Lets say this is a data snapshot from last week.

I want to now check this week has there been any movement on the enquiries.

Is it possible to replicate the same table in power bi and filter it separately? Also what would be the best approach for doing this in Power BI, any suggestions?

Here is a screenshot of currently what I have and the way I would like it to work!

cohort.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yelsherif
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

It is easy to replicate the tables in power BI, e.g. in the modeling tab, select "table" and write something like ReplicateTable = Table1.

The replicate table will not be linked to the model by default, but you can do this if needed in the relationship view.

Now you can set up new slicer that is dedicated only for the new replicate table and use it as mentioned in your post.

you can alternatively use the same table with 2 matrixes, create two slicers, one for each matrix, then restrict the effect of each slicer to only the one matrix, so that slicer 1 affects matrix1 and not matrix2. you can find that through "format" menu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yelsherif
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

It is easy to replicate the tables in power BI, e.g. in the modeling tab, select "table" and write something like ReplicateTable = Table1.

The replicate table will not be linked to the model by default, but you can do this if needed in the relationship view.

Now you can set up new slicer that is dedicated only for the new replicate table and use it as mentioned in your post.

you can alternatively use the same table with 2 matrixes, create two slicers, one for each matrix, then restrict the effect of each slicer to only the one matrix, so that slicer 1 affects matrix1 and not matrix2. you can find that through "format" menu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.