Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBI5851
Helper V
Helper V

Apply specific filter to a card

I have a card that gives a number based on my query. On the page, i have two slicers, a Date slicer and a Category Slicer.  Is it possible to change the Card value based on just the Category Slicer and not change , if the Date slicer were to be updated. 

The formula for the Card i have is 

Current Size = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Product[productID]),filter(Product,Product[PurDate]=MAXA(Product[PurDate])))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is. 

In the desktop version go to "format" in the menu, then click on edit interactions.  You can then turn off visual from filtering each other (a slicer is of course a visual).

So you click on the slicer, and then turn off the interaction on the visual you want.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBI5851 ,

You may use "Edit interactions" feature to choose which visuals to be filtered by one special visual, follow steps below.

edit interactions 2.png

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Refer the below links for edit interaction:

https://radacad.com/control-the-interaction-in-power-bi-report

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBI5851 ,

In Desktop, you can use the Edit Interactions function to turn on/off which slicers and which visuals interact with each other.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is. 

In the desktop version go to "format" in the menu, then click on edit interactions.  You can then turn off visual from filtering each other (a slicer is of course a visual).

So you click on the slicer, and then turn off the interaction on the visual you want.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.