Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

melina
Helper IV
Helper IV

Apply slicer for 2 difference data source

Hi All,

I have 2 tables Vendor details and Oder Table. I want to use slicer for country.Means when user select country, the graph order quantity will change dynamaticall and display Vendor name. I have create index on Vendor details table to create relationship between both table. If im not using index,error message will pop up, dispaly the relationship is not active. But when successfull create relationship, then i use slice for country(Vendor Details) the order quantity graph does not change according to the slicer.

So what i shoul do?..Thanks for help and explanation.

Vendor Details

Vendor Name

Country

MyApss Sdn.Bhd

Brunei

TechSofoware Sdn Bhd

Malaysia

TechSofoware Sdn Bhd

Malaysia

HighTech Sdn.Bhd

Malaysia

Sundrise Sdn.Bhd

China

Order Table

Country

Order Quantity

Brunei

Malaysia

China

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would probably help to see your table relationships.  It's not clear if Order Table has duplicate Country values in it?  I would... expect it to, since it is ... orders 🙂

Since your Vendor Details table has duplicate Country too, you can't easily relate those.   So, what I would do is create a single County table (use New Table on the Modeling banner and Countries = VALUES('Vendor Details'[Country]) to create a single table of just the unique country.

Then you can create a relationship between this new table and BOTH of the other 2 tables, and happily slice the data based off your new country table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would probably help to see your table relationships.  It's not clear if Order Table has duplicate Country values in it?  I would... expect it to, since it is ... orders 🙂

Since your Vendor Details table has duplicate Country too, you can't easily relate those.   So, what I would do is create a single County table (use New Table on the Modeling banner and Countries = VALUES('Vendor Details'[Country]) to create a single table of just the unique country.

Then you can create a relationship between this new table and BOTH of the other 2 tables, and happily slice the data based off your new country table.

wow!..a great explanation..Thanks a lot!Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.