Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply conditional formatting to markers in a line of a combo chart

I have managed to apply conditional formatting to the markers of a line graph, however, I'd like to use this functionality in the line values of a combo chart (line and stacked columns chart). As soon, as I convert the line graph into  a combo chart the conditional formatting disapears, unless I leave this field on the column series. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Combination charts really can not use this technique.

Try to use a custom visual and submit your idea .

v-lionel-msft_0-1605087697184.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Chart/visual with multiple columns/measures/values or legend, conditional formatting is not supported 

You can log a new idea -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak . I will do so then 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, I am trying to vote on a similar idea already posted instead, but the page is asking me to login and then download an app, which I can't as this is a work laptop. Has this changed recently?

Hi @Anonymous ,

What conditional format do you want to apply to this visual?

Maybe we can try another solution.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lionel,

I'd like to change the markers based on change compared to prior period. This video shows what I've managed to do in a line chart but I need it on a combo chart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4iG8S4EpHs

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

NDE

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.