Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply changes keeps popping up.

I keep on getting the yellow bar that asks to apply the changes. When I do it succeeds with a green check mark, but the yellow bar keeps on showing and asking to apply.  How to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I am also getting this continuously using the June 2020 update.  Is Microsoft going to fix this or not?

Can you please tell us what solution works. As far as I can tell, none of these address the issue. 

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This has been resolved in another thread.  It appears to be associated with the recent Metadata option.  You should check you table properties in Power Query and see if one of them got screwed up when the Metadata option took effect.  I found that all of mine (25+ queries) had multiple repeated lines in the definition box of properties.  Also, one of them was missing a previous entry.  I cleaned that up, ran one refresh and apply changes and the bar finally went away for good.  Haven't seen it in over a week.  

lso4jw
Frequent Visitor

@tjd  OK, I got you now. Thank you.
For those of you who need instructions (like me, lol): 😉
1) take note of what table(s) it is "applying changes."
2) Go to: Transform data -- Advanced editor -- go to your #Expanded Table line

PBI_Apply changes_issue.png

** What tjd is talking about is this duplicate set of table columns (highlighted in blue).

3) Just delete duplicates and apply.

😁Hope this helps and thank you @tjd .

Anonymous
Not applicable

tks, @amitchandak .

i also hv that 'new' annoying problem after the latest pbi update (Version: 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June, 2020)). i tried the suggested solution in the 1st option i.e. by just going to power query edit (via transform data in home tab) & click 'close' to go back to the report page to clear that 'apply changes' alert. i guess it's not a good solution as it makes one inefficient/unproductive. hope ms can 'clean up' that problem soon.

tks, -nik  

Anonymous
Not applicable

pursuant to my earlier input, it seems that the prob i'm having with this has 'worsen' in that other changes (that i didn't make previously) are happening. i believe it also started with renaming few measures from the report page. 

now i have following issue as per appended screenshot-

2020-06-11_17-31-00.jpg 

kindly advise on how to resolve this as i'm sort of at lost & i have not seen this problem before too.

tks, -nik-

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.