Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

Apply a measure to only one field in a matrix?

Hi all, 

I need a measure where "Consolidate" and "defer" only shows up at the customer name level and not on the sale order drill down as it is doing currently (highlighted below). I would like the "defers" in the below example to be blank.

Capture.PNG 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try using ISINSCOPE with the Sales Order No column and put your measure in the false condition (blank() if true).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@airwolf39 , isinscope can help

if(isinscope (Table[Customer_name]), [Model recommendation], blank())

https://www.kasperonbi.com/use-isinscope-to-get-the-right-hierarchy-level-in-dax/

I have never used isinscope before, but it appears to be working in a way that i would not expect. For some reason the formula shows that my sales order #s are inscope of the customer name and so the forumla doesnt work:

Capture.PNG

Try using ISINSCOPE with the Sales Order No column and put your measure in the false condition (blank() if true).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.