Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply a custom tooltip

Hi

I've created a custom tooltip but can't find a way of applying it to a visual or page.

I'm using some simple sales data, and have created this to this visual:

SBM.PNG

I've created this Tooltip

TT.PNG

I'd like this to show when I hover on data points on the sales by momnth visual, but I can't see how to add it - I can drag any of the Data Fields to the Tooltip box, but can't see how I can add my custom tooltip to it.

Drag.PNG

It's all at:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmxJyApgEAcYgv0DA0Uz1dIVquuFsg?e=Cz8V86

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Ok so you've created your line graph.

I'm going to guess you've created you pie chart tooltip in a separate page within the report? and, if yes, that the formatting of that particular page is 'tooltip'? (page formatting - page size - tooltip).

Next, go back to the page where your line graph is. Highlight your graph, click on formatting, set tooltip to 'on', change the type to 'report page' and find the page of the pie chart tooltip in the page drop down. That should do it!

tooltip.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Ok so you've created your line graph.

I'm going to guess you've created you pie chart tooltip in a separate page within the report? and, if yes, that the formatting of that particular page is 'tooltip'? (page formatting - page size - tooltip).

Next, go back to the page where your line graph is. Highlight your graph, click on formatting, set tooltip to 'on', change the type to 'report page' and find the page of the pie chart tooltip in the page drop down. That should do it!

tooltip.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.