Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brown681
Frequent Visitor

Apply RLS to New Page Navigator?

Hello! 

First of the all, the new Page Navigator button is awesome. A great update. 

I'm wondering if it's possible to apply RLS to the page navigation button to only show certain pages for certain users. Similar logic/functionality to using a 'Page Navigation' slicer and a button to funnel users to specific report pages.

My hopes are that I can get rid of the slicer/button combo and exclusively use the page navigator tool to funnel my users to report pages. 

Thanks!

Evan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Brown681 

Sorry, according to my test, this new feature is not very helpful to RLS. You still need to switch to different pages through the cooperation of slicer and button as before.

Reference:

Did you know you can now selectively show report pages for specific users in Power BI? - Reporting/A...

Create page and button navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Brown681 

Sorry, according to my test, this new feature is not very helpful to RLS. You still need to switch to different pages through the cooperation of slicer and button as before.

Reference:

Did you know you can now selectively show report pages for specific users in Power BI? - Reporting/A...

Create page and button navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Thanks Janey for the reply, I appreciate it! I'll keep my toes and fingers crossed RLS is added to the new page navigation tool somewhere down the line!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Brown681 , see if this video address what you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEDZZXiit8

You need a page and user table 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.