Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply Conditional Formatting on a slicer based on another slicer

Hello,

I have a report with different visuals. I want my slicer to not filter all data, but to only highlight the chosen company.

For example, in my company slicer I choose a comapany name as Korea . Instead of showing me the value for Korea only in my Exchange rate slicer visual below, I want all other values to still be visible and Korea value to be highlighted in the slicer.

I have created a new table by duplicating the existing table and created a distinct value column, I am displaying this as a Exchange rate slicer in report which is not effected by any other  visuals in report.

But my requirement is I want to highlight the exchange rate slicer value which is selected in my company and it shouls also display all other values.

I am attaching screen clips for reference.Screenshot (41).png

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
shzaidi
Helper I
Helper I

Select your slicer click on Format menu -> click Edit Intrection Now every visual in the page will show three icons on right top cornor one is filter, 2nd one is highlight and third one is no intrection. So, in your case choose 2nd icon. Now visual will show only highlight not filter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shzaidi,

I only see two options Filter and No interaction, I cannot see highllight one, My power Bi desktop is of March 2020 update, It is a new feature added.

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm afraid it is impossible in Power BI currently.

First, the "highight" interactions doesn't work for slicers,

besides, if two columns which are added into two slicers come from one table, the two slicer could change together,

because one slicer filters the rows of the table, another slicer would filter the table based on the first filtered table.

Best Regards

Maggie

Oh yeah you are right with slicer intraction it has only two options while visual has three. so. as a way around I used map visual instead of state slicer. What kind of slicer are you using? Is there any way you can use a visual instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can use table visual aswell, but even in that i cant highlight.

intraction.jpg

intraction with table visual,  look at top right corner of bar visual three options.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I doubt this can be done.  Conditional formatting is not allowed in the slicer even in the horizontal orientation.

Refer if this can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Or you can display in table and highlight based on the color measure

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @amitchandak, Is there a way around for this situation, 

wherein by using any different visual i can acheive the requirement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.