Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

js1235
Frequent Visitor

Apply Changes banner never goes away, despite execution completing successfully

I get the yellow banner "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied". When I click apply changes, I get the normal screen that says it is applying the changes.  This screen says... 

Apply query changes

Additional Calculations

Creating connections in model...

The screen completes within a matter of seconds and I get the green checkmark that everything is good.  But then the yellow banner is still on the screen. 

Do you have any idea why these changes never really apply?

I have changed the data sources to different files, deleted all relationships in the model, reloaded the data, and ensured there are no data type errors.  I am not sure how ellse to troubleshoot this.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
kris999
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
I'm having the same issue.
I've discovered it was caused because i removed an 'added group' step in power querie.
The group was inserted in the dax UI so now my metadata might be messed up.
Didn't find a solution.
Unfortionally it is a giant dataset on which i've bin working for a long time..

@amitchandak Thank you for your reply! I am going to mark your answer as a solution, because it does seem highly relevant, although I think I ended up having some other issue.

I had a table in my model that did not exist in the report view.  I do not know where it came from and I did not need it.  Once I deleted it out of the queries it solved things.  I think we must have added an experimental table at some point, that got lost in the shuffle, and just needed to be deleted. 

Anyway, thank you again!!

I've had the same issu once.
With me it was a empty measure table from which i've hid the only column.
Once I relocated the only measure in the table, the table kept popping up in intellicence but I couldn't find it.
Afterwards I removed it in Power Querie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.