Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Apply Buttom filter to apply all the filters in the page

Hi,

When I have a page in the powerbi, with multiple slicers or filters (country, dates, owners, etc) for the multiple visuals that i have in the page, I need to click in each slicer/filter and then the system filters the visuals each time that I click in any slicer/filter automatically instead of do the filter when I select the 3 filters/slicers.

I know how to activate the option for "buttom" in the filters/slicers but this buttom will do the same, i need to clikc in this buttom and then the visuals will be filtered.

The problem that I have is if it exist any buttom or any solution to create a button that seems something like "apply all filters/slicers selected". With this i can click the filters that i need and then click in "apply all filters" and the visuals will be refreshed one time only.

It could be very usefull for direct querys because the system will run the query one time only, not a query for each time that i click in a filter (imagine a report with 5 filters, will be 5 querys when in reallity you need only the sysmtem runs the query with all the filters).

If isn't exist a solution for this yet. Do you know if exists an "Idea" related to this?

Kind regards and thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dobregon,

For your scenario, you may be able to try Bookmarks and Buttons to achieve your requirement. You could create a page which is applied all filters as a bookmark and then create a button to link with that bookmark.

You could have a good reference of this blog which use bookmark and buttons to achieve ''clear all filters''.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-piga-msft for your time.

I have tried your solution but, in reality, I'm looking for the opposite. I have (normally) 3 slicers for filters (time period, country, company) and i have found the funcition of "apply buttom for slicers and filters" that you need to click in the buttom to apply the slicer, but it is one for each slicer.

I'm looking for a Button that can do "apply all filters selected" because i'm looking this buttom in order that select each filter and then apply all filters, it will be very usefull for direct queries becasue in a direct query the BI will re-do the query each time you select a filter/slicer and in reality if you have 3 filters, you want that the BI will do the queary only one time instead of 3 times (it is a waste of time).

It could be possible?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Hi @dobregon,

I have made a sample which may achieve your requirement. In my test, I create a bookmark with one filter to see the result more obviously, you could change the filter according to your requirement.

Please refer to the attachment. 

In addition, you could have a good looke at this blog how to achieve the output in the attachment.

If you still need help, please share some screen shorts which could reproduce your scenario so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft

I have checked the PBI (thanks) but i think something different. I can't do bookmarks because I have 25 pages in the PBI that I'm doing so... and i think it can't be the solution

I want something like this:

1. I have your 3 slicers and the Visual. I want to filter the 3 slicers but only apply the filter in one time for the 3 slicers. First I need to select the filters that i want (and not apply the filters individually)

filter1.JPG

So, you can see that i have the visual not filtered waiting to apply all the filters.  

2. And this is that i want (and i think it is not possible in pbi yet). I want a buttom to "apply all filters" in one time in the visuals for the same page.

filter2.JPG

The problem now is in the direct querys because each time that I apply one slicer the PBI will do the query and i need the query with the 3 filters not 3 queries.

Example: I need to apply these fileters: The PBI now will do:

1. I click in Company_2
2. The system will do a query filtering Company_2
3. I need to wait the query and then click in the filter Country_2
4.  Then the system will do a query filteringCompany_2 and country_2

5. Then I need to wait the query and after that click in the filter 6/1/2018
6. The system will do a query filtering Company_2, Country_2 and the date= 6/1/2018

7. I need to wait the response.

That I want (enable apply buttoms in order to not apply the filters automatically)

1. Click the slicers Company_2, Country_2 and date= 6/1/2018

2. Click imagine buttom "apply all filters"

3. The system will do a query filtering Company_2, Country_2 and the date= 6/1/2018

*I know that with parameters in the query i can do that, but it is not  asolution because the reading users in the powerbi service (in the app web) can't apply the parameters.

Maybe for little tables it is not important but imagine that I have more than 30million of rows... so... it is important for that ajjaja

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey dude.. Did you get  the solution for this?

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous sorry for the 4months delay in my response, i didnt see it. the bad news is that i dont find any solutions and now i'm not looking for. Do you have found a solutions about this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.